Advancing Oral Health Equity!
Coloradans know oral health is important, but too many struggle to access the care they need, find it unaffordable, or feel mistreated when they go to a dentist office
CCHI is working to ensure oral health gets the attention it needs and that community members can drive change for oral health equity.
- Over 50% of Coloradans live with mouth pain or feel self-conscious because of their oral health
- 73% say dental care is too expensive
- 47% of Coloradans needing immediate care are waiting a month or more to get it
- 1 in 4 Coloradans that have not sought care cite fear, anxiety, judgement, or mistreatment
- Only 13% of Coloradans report having no barriers to getting the oral health care they need
It’s time to make oral health a priority. Here are ways to get involved:
We worked hard to pass the Colorado Option, and now we’re working to ensure communities are aware of plans and financial assistance available to them. The Colorado Option plans are the first health care plans available to every Coloradan who buys insurance on the individual marketplace (not an employer), regardless of documentation status. Read on and find toolkits, immigrant resources, webinars and more.
Too many Coloradans struggle to afford the prescription drugs they need for their health. Nearly 1 in 3 Coloradans have skipped filling a prescription, skipped doses, or cut pills because of costs.
Volunteer to phone bank with CCHI to pass the Colorado Affordable Health Care Option (aka public/state option)! No experience is necessary—we will train you and provide you with all the information needed.